FULL TEN YEAR WARRANTY ON THE MORNING STAR™
& EAGLESUN™ SOLAR COLLECTORS
1. SCOPE OF COVERAGE
This warranty applies to a new solar collector purchased by the end user. The warranty covers the collector as a whole including all of its components and parts. It extends to the first buyer and to any subsequent owners of the system for a total of Ten (10) years.
2. WARRANTY ON THE COLLECTOR
Alternate Energy Technologies, LLC (AET) warrants fully its solar collectors to be free from defects in both material and workmanship for a total period of ten years from date of installation acceptance by the original owner. If a failure does occur during the warranty period, AET will provide a new part, or at AET’s option, have repaired any part of the collector. A new warranty shall apply to any replacement part, but shall be limited in time to the remainder of the original warranty period. This warranty applies to collectors installed for use as a heat collector to provide energy for use in system operating temperatures up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit only.
3. SERVICE LABOR RESPONSIBILITY
This warranty covers labor expenses for removal and reinstallation. AET will pay up to one hundred dollars ($100.00) per collector for such expenses.
4. LIMITED THREE-YEAR WARRANTY AGAINST CORROSION
If a failure consists of corrosion of a collector absorber plate’s internal flow passages, and the failure becomes evident within the three years of the warranty period, a replacement absorber plate and $100 labor credit will be issued by AET provided the following conditions have been met:
The owner will pay for all other costs, including all additional costs of installation. Corrosion failures which are discovered in the forth through tenth years are not covered by this warranty.
5. ABSORBER SURFACE
AET warrants fully for a period of ten years against degradation of the absorber surface which would significantly affect the collector performance, as long as the glazing has been undamaged and the absorber has not been exposed to outside elements.
6. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS:
A. This Warranty Will Not Apply To The Following Exclusions
B. Limitation on Exclusion from Coverage
Conditions that may occur in the normal operation of the collector shall not be invoked by AET to reduce the coverage of this warranty.
7. OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES
A. Consequential and Incidental Damages
AET shall not be liable for: (1) Consequential damages to the system in which the improperly functioning collector is installed, and (2) Incidental expenses incurred to repair or replace, as necessary, any other obligations or liability in connection with the collector.
B. No Other Expressed Warranties
Unless otherwise explicitly agreed in writing, it is understood that these are the only written warranties given by AET, and AET neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any other obligations or liability in connection with the collector.
C. Implied Warranties
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
D. Right to Arbitration
Any dispute between the buyer and AET pertaining to this warranty may, at the option of the buyer, be resolved by arbitration in the state installed according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
E. Right to Indemnity
AET will fully indemnify a licensed contractor who installs the collector and gives a written warranty as required by the California Solar Tax Credit Regulations, in the amount of any liability to the buyer under such warranty for a breech that is also a breech of the Manufacturer’s warranty to the buyer.
F. Filing a Claim
All claims should be filed with the contractor or the Dealer from whom the collector was purchased. If unable to do so, please contact:
ALTERNATE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES, LLC 851 Energy Cove Court. Green Cove Springs, FL 32043 • Ph (800) 874-2190 • Fax (904) 781-1911 ALTERNATE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES, LLC (AET)
BOSCH gas tankless water heaters are warranted by the Manufacturer (BOSCH) through Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish a replacement heat exchanger and will furnish a replacement of any other part which fails in normal use and service within the applicable periods specified below, in accordance with the terms of this warranty. The Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. replacement will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty. This warranty will be valid only for water heaters in possession of the original purchaser as recorded on the warranty card.
The Heat Exchanger
If the heat exchanger fails within Fifteen (15) years after the original installation and operation, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish a replacement heat exchanger. However, if the water heater is used within an approved hot water recirculation and supplied with circulated water, this heat exchanger warranty is limited to three (3) years from date of original installation and operation. If the water heater is installed in other than a single family dwelling, this heat exchanger warranty is limited to two (2) years from date of original installation and operation.
This warranty will not apply:
All Other Parts
If any other part fails within five (5) years after original installation and operation, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish a replacement part free of charge.
Service Labor Costs
This warranty does not cover any labor costs associated with service, removal or re-installation of part(s). All such costs must be borne by the purchaser.
Additionally, this warranty does not cover any labor costs associated with service, removal, installation or re-installation of the original water heater or a replaced water heater.
How to Make a Claim
Any claim for warranty parts should be made to your local dealer or distributor:
BOSCH THERMOTECHNOLOGY CORP.
50 Wentworth Avenue
Londonderry, NH 03053
In most cases, the dealer or distributor will be able to promptly honor your claim and subsequently notify Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.. However, all replacements are made subject to validation by Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. of in-warranty coverage. The damaged or defective item must be made available in exchange for the replacement.
No one is authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.. It is expressly understood that the replacement warranty of Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. shall be in lieu of any and all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose, and further that Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. shall not be liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from the use of the hot water heater, or for any consequential damages arising from such use (including damages from water leakage). Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. sole liability with respect to any defect shall be for the replacement of the defective part(s). Some states do not allow such limitations and exclusions, so the above may not apply to you.
This warranty gives specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
LIMITED 10 YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE BOSCH THERMOTECHNOLOGY CORP. FOR POWERSTREAM PRO RP17PT and RP27PT.
LIMITED 5 YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE BOSCH THERMOTECHNOLOGY CORP. FOR POWERSTREAM PRO RP POINT-OF-USE SERIES guarantees this water heater to the original owner of the water heater at the original installation location against defects in material and workmanship for the periods specified below.
1. For RP17PT and RP27PT - The Heating Modules – If the original heating modules leak or fail within ten (10) years from the date of original installation of the water heater because of a defect in material or workmanship, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish to such an owner a replacement heater of the then - prevailing comparable model. However, if the water heater is installed in other than a single family dwelling this heating modules warranty is limited to two (2) years from the date of original installation and operation. Note : Damage caused by exposure to freezing conditions is not covered by the warranty. Note : Damage caused by scale formation is not covered by the warranty. For the RP Point-of-Use Series - The HEat Exchanger/Element - if the original heat exchanger leaks or the heating element fails within five (5) years from the date of original installation of the water heater, buecause of a defect in material or workmanship, Bosch Thermotechnology will furnish such Owner a replacement heater of the then prevailing comparible model.
2. Any Component Part Other Than the Heating Modules – If any other component part (other than the heating modules) proves to be defective in material or workmanship within one (1) year from the date of original installation of the water heater, Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. will furnish the owner with a replacement of the defective part(s).
3. Verification of Date of Original Installation – When owner cannot verify or document the original date of installation, the warranty period begins on the date of manufacture marked on the tag affixed to the water heater.
1. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY MADE BY THE MANUFACTURER AND IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
2. Manufacturer shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, special or contingent damages or expenses arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water heater or the use of the water heater.
3. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any water damage arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water heater component part(s) or from its use.
4. Manufacturer shall not be liable under this warranty if: a) The water heater or any of its component parts has been subject to misuse, alteration, neglect or accident, or; b) The water heater has not been installed in accordance with the applicable local plumbing and/or building code(s) and/or regulation(s), or; c) The water heater has not been installed in accordance with the printed manufacturer’s instructions, or; d) The water heater is not continuously supplied with potable water.
5. The owner and not the manufacturer or his representative shall be liable for and shall pay for all field damages for labor or other expenses incurred in the removal and/or repair of the product or any expense incurred by the owner in order to repair the product.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHERS.